Fabulous Find!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

This morning before I walked the puppy, I read a blog that I follow - The Martini Chronicles - By The Professional Diva. Her blog this morning was about random acts of kindness. She was in the nail salon and a patron in the salon could not afford a manicure and pedicure. She decided to just get the manicure. Another patron handed the salon technician the money for the lady to get both her hands and feet serviced - and walked out the door stating that she knows how important it is for a woman to have a pedicure. I was excited by this story because I believe in random acts of kindness. Being kind to others makes them feel good and you feel good about yourself. Personally, I feel like God is proud of me when I am kind to strangers.

Now this morning, I am walking the puppy - and she allows a good workout because I have to chase her while she's chasing butterflies! Usually when I am walking, I see others out walking or jogging. I love it when I see the older couple getting their walk in. When I see a person kinda struggling or slowing down, I yell 'Looking Good!' They will perk right up, smile and say, 'Thank You!'. When I see someone in a nice outfit or shoes or purse - I am quick to give a compliment - 'Nice Shoes girl!'

Yesterday, I saw a young woman sitting on her steps very pregnant. She looked like she was tired and ready to drop that baby at any second. I stopped and started a conversation. I think I startled her because I started to conversation like I knew her already! I said, 'Girl - where you going? That belly looks like its ready!' She instantly smiled. I told her she looked so pretty and she started talking about her due date. I congratulated her and kept on about my business. I definitely turned that frown into a smile - at least momentarily. So my fabulous find this week thanks to The Martini Chronicles are - Random Acts of Kindness. It's free, and will put a smile on another person's spirit



Yours Truly,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any Comments??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

wibiya widget