My First Fashion Show Vending Event

Monday, March 28, 2011

Finally, I got the opportunity to be a vendor! My first gig! The event was perfect for a first time ever job. It was a hat and clothing fashion show! The fashion show was wonderful! The ladies and gentlemen looked awesome. On the basket end of things, I was very nervous and did not know what to expect. Of course, my mind went blank and I didn't know what kind of baskets to make for this event. So I thought about the holidays coming up... Easter and Mother's Day - only they are really far off, people aren't buying Easter baskets just yet - Mother's Day is even further away! Really stumped, I made Easter Baskets anyway, Spa baskets, and had a PowerPoint presentation of baskets. My assistant and I were still really excited. We did a lot of networking and gave out a lot of cards. We met a jeweler from Ohio. Her jewelry was AWESOME! Pneuma Jewelry. Her info coming up soon.

So what did I learn from this experience:

*Find out the demographics of the attendees, so I can make a basket attractive to that sector of customers.
*Dress more like my assistant, classy casual. Less Carrie Bradshaw. And NO gym shoes.
*Bring product bags
*Bring receipts
*Bring Brochures (for those who need to look at the baskets again after they left)! PowerPoints are good - but everyone can't remember what they saw specifically all the time.

Sadi

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any Comments??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

wibiya widget